Ooooh weddings, weddings, weddings… What an amazing occasion to celebrate love!
However, during the whole craziness and stress of planning for the perfect day, choosing the right dress is one of the hardest decisions to make and it’s so easy to get lost in the endless array of styles and cuts of the wedding dresses! We all have different body types and shapes, and each type of dress can completely transform your look and the way you feel in it.
We’ve put together some tips for the different figures and what type of dress would compliment various shapes of figures the most. However, don’t let the “rules” hold you back! These are just recommendations, so if you feel confident in a dress and love the way you look, go for it. The most important thing is for you to feel the most beautiful!
First of all, it’s important to know your body better and to recognize what type of figure you have. There are five general woman body types:
- Pear – women with a pear-shaped body have a smaller chest and shoulders but wider hips and thighs.
- Inverted triangle – this type of body usually has the shoulders and upper body larger than the lower body. Shoulders tend to be broader and hips and waist have a slim shape.
- Apple – women with an apple-shaped body usually have a fuller bust than most (lucky!), have broad shoulders, and a full waist, and upper back. Apple-shaped bodied women also tend to have thinner arms, legs, and hips.
- Rectangle or Athletic – women with this type of body tend to have shoulders, bust and hips roughly at the same size and waist isn’t much smaller too.
- Hourglass – the hourglass figure is one of the traditional female body shapes. Shoulders, bust and hips are roughly the same size but the waist is smaller than the hips. Women with this body shape tend to have an extremely defined waist which is at least 25% smaller than the hips.