Lace wedding dresses are usually a big hit for brides when they start looking for their perfect dress. Lace creates an elegant, feminine look and a huge variety of lace makes each wedding dress truly unique. The soft detailing will make any bride look and feel magical and it makes it easy to fall in love with that one, ultimate wedding gown!
Lace can be used in many different ways on wedding dresses. It can be used all over the dress with one type of lace appliques on the bodice to all the way down the skirt with another type of lace. And how many types of laces there are! For example:
- Alençon lace – a needlepoint lace that is usually found with a floral design on a sheer.
- Knit lace – a softer lace that contours around the body with ease.
- Guipure lace – a delicate type of lace with the motifs patterns and bars or plaits rather than net or mesh.
- Embroidered lace – it is created when delicate patterns are tightly stitched onto an illusion base, forming the appearance of an applique.
- Point D’Esprit Lace – a lightweight lace with small oval dots scattered over an illusion of tulle or net fabric.
- Chantilly lace – made from braided and twisted lengths of thread gives a wedding gown a vintage look.
- Eyelet lace – this features little holes or circles and adds a boho look to a wedding dress.
However, not all brides want the lace to cover the whole wedding dress, so lace can be used to add stunning features such as lace sleeves or covering the whole bodice or enhance the gown with subtle details such as lace trim on the neckline or veil.
Here are six lace wedding gowns that we believe you will love!
A wedding dress to take everyone’s breath away when you step out wearing this stunning Stella York gown! A soft, romantic A-line gown is crafted with a gentle mix of Caluso chiffon and French lace, touched with an elegant shimmer throughout for a three-dimensional effect. The layers of French lace in the bodice allow it to look sheer without giving too much away, while the lace extends slightly onto the tulle skirt to lengthen your silhouette.