Everyone, whether married or not, knows that the most important decision for any bride-to-be is choosing the dress, and it will always be at the top of the wedding to-do list. However, nearly as important as the dress are the shoes, a factor that should never be overlooked.
Walking up the aisle and taking your first dance are two very special moments in any wedding day, to be remembered for years to come. Choosing the style and colour of your wedding shoes is important but comfort and practicality are vital in ensuring there is no regret, and the shoes stay on for the entirety of your big day. So, to help you make this decision, here are some top tips to help you avoid spending your day searching for blister plasters and enduring pain:
- Bigger isn’t always better – Unless you are used to walking around in 7 inch heels, your wedding day is not the time to start. Choose a heel height you are used to wearing and avoid discomfort and a potential broken ankle!
- Put a strap on it – The best thing you can do is pick a shoe with a secure heel hold or a strap that will help it stay on your foot. This may be your fairy-tale wedding but you don’t want a Cinderella’s lost slipper moment to spoil it.
- Fancy shoes = perforated dress – If your dress falls below the ankle, and you have chosen a pair of crystal encrusted, beaded shoes, take a piece of fabric similar to that of your wedding dress and run it over the shoe to see if it catches.
- Get the right size – There’s no harm in trying on several sizes to see which one fits best, whilst considering that a hot summer’s day will cause your feet to swell.
- Wear them in –Make sure you wear your shoes around the house a few weeks before your wedding day; hobbling onto the dance floor with blistered heels is not a good look.
- Happy feet, happy bride – Give your feet a bit of TLC – a pedicure will soften the skin and give your toes a great colour.
Hopefully these ideas will help you in deciding on the shoes for your big day. If you would like further guidance, or would like to browse our range of designer bridal shoes, call 01799 526982 or email [email protected]