Whilst we have all had enough of the short days and wintry weather by the time February arrives, the romantics among us are already looking forward to the day when we can show the world how love works; and we love it! Worldwide, it would appear that everyone thinks the same, as last year seven million people got engaged on Valentine’s Day, which is a 1000% increase from the 6,000 proposals that happen every day, on average.
With so many more brides-to-be after this day of passionate declarations and betrothals, there will soon be a lot of planning taking place, and what better day to walk down the aisle, than on the same day you said yes. If that’s the case for you, here is an array of ideas for Valentine’s themed weddings.
- Set the mood, and colour scheme, for your big day from the very beginning with bold red, soft pink and rose-embossed invites.
- Make the most out of the symbol of Valentine’s Day and incorporate a multi-coloured rose wall to add a pretty pop of colour and the perfect backdrop for your photos.
- Why have one cake when you can have two? A dreamy duo of confections will make any heart flutter, iced with the words ‘Be Mine’ and ‘Love You’.
- Give your wedding a dose of drama with bold red bridesmaid dresses; while adding matching ties for the groomsmen.
- Choose a Valentine’s Day-inspired bouquet, including peonies, garden roses, anemones and green mist Queen Anne’s lace.
- Fall in love with your dessert table even more by adding a pink colour scheme, sweet signage, roses, love hearts and all things pink.
- Treat your guests to a cocktail hour full of love and laughter; they won’t be able to resist the True Love’s Kiss of Blushing Beauty cocktail.
- Make your walk down the aisle one to remember with a runway of ombrè rose petals.
- Add an intimate seating area for the perfect place to enjoy cocktails; a mixture of vintage sofas, upholstered chairs and gold accents.
And if you are searching for a wedding dress that you will also say yes to, then look at our fantastic selection of designer collections online. Equally, you can call one of the Fleur de Lys Bridal team on 01799 526982 to book a VIP appointment.