Being asked to be a bridesmaid at a wedding creates excitement everywhere, as a group of girls congregate to discuss which style and colour they want to wear for your big day. Obviously, you want your bridal party to all look fabulous on your wedding day, but choosin
g a bridesmaids dress for them all can be extremely difficult. Hopefully the following tips can help make this decision easier:
- Take a look at your own dress and think about your overall wedding style. Is it classic, modern, or maybe vintage? Your bridesmaids’ dresses should fit the vibe.
- Think seriously about the colour, but don’t expect everyone to look the same in this colour. Blush and taupe are popular choices right now, but they don’t suit every skin tone. What you need to consider is a colour that suits a range of skin tones to flatter all of your bridesmaids. You may even choose to work in a two-colour palette to please everyone.
- Consider the season and time of day. The date of the wedding is probably one of the most important factors when choosing your décor – but the time of day matters too. Black dresses could work for November but may be a little sombre for an outdoor, mid-day ceremony.
- To a point, make sure you are flexible. Most bridesmaids would like to have some input on what they will be wearing, however too many opinions can make the process miserable. Look at shops or brands that offer similar dresses with different necklines or straps for example.
- Make sure you remember that it is your wedding! Don’t succumb to pressure to make everyone happy; it’s impossible. Keep an open mind and be understanding, but your bridesmaids are there to support you and should work with your vision.
Keep the whole process fun and make sure you all remember the fun and laughter had whilst searching for the bridesmaid dresses. We stock a range of stunning bridesmaids’ dresses, all of which are online to view.