As Autumn approaches, so do the seasonal themed weddings, and we love it! Whether you’re tying the knot this autumn or planning for the future, we love helping you out with some ideas for your big day. Whether this is through a set colour theme, or if it runs throughout the entirety of your wedding day, we’re sure the following ideas will set those creative minds on the path to perfection.
- Add autumn leaves to your bouquet, providing a themed colour and texture contrast.
- Keep a cosy sweatshirt close to throw over your wedding dress if it begins to get chilly.
- Replace the traditional veil with an autumn themed leaf head piece.
- Choose marsala-coloured dresses for your bridesmaids.
- Get creative with the groom by mixing patterns and textures in his suit.
- Supply guests with blankets for them to keep warm in the evening.
- Deck out your entire ceremony with candles and fairy lights for the perfect autumnal effect.
- Consider candles for your reception, in every possible nook and cranny, adding a romantic edge.
- Add more leaves to your décor, because there can never be too many.
- Dress your tables in tweed to give that farmer, cosy feel.
- Toast your big day away with festive apple cider mimosas.
- Use pumpkin in some part of your catering, perhaps as a soup or even in a pumpkin pie.
- Consider an outside reception with the use of a heated tent.
Above all, make sure your wedding dress fits in with your autumnal theme, and of course the hopes and dreams you have of it. In your 90-minute appointment with one of the Fleur de Lys Bridal team, we get to know you and everything about your wedding. So, if this means a dress to suit an autumn themed wedding, leave it up to us to find ‘the’ dress for you. All you need to do is call us on 01799 526982 to book an appointment, and have a look online at our array of dresses!